Call for Abstracts
Call for Abstracts
Abstract submissions for the 2018 Safety and Quality Conference are now open and will close on Friday 25th May 2018 at 5.00pm AEST.
Please read the guidelines below carefully. Abstracts not submitted in this format may not be considered for review. If you have any difficulties or queries about the abstract format, please contact the Conference Secretariat by email.
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be reviewed.
- Abstracts are to be submitted in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx) only via this website.
- Text should be single spaced throughout, in Arial 10 point font.
- Text should not contain subheadings, underlines or bold type.
- Abstracts must have a maximum of 300 words. Word count does not include title or address; all numbers are included in the word count. Word count is verified using Microsoft Word.
- Abstracts should not have been published in any English language medical or nursing peer reviewed journal, and in general should not have been presented at more than one meeting from which such publications arise. Studies with substantial changes in methodology and/or with substantial additional data may be submitted, presented and published a second time, but rewritten abstracts on the same study should not.
- Abstracts received after the closing date will not be accepted
Abstracts shall contain brief but complete statements of:
- Study Objectives
- The text should not contain statements alluding to results or conclusions not presented in the text; abstracts stating "will be discussed", "will be described" or "will be presented" will be rejected.
- Abstracts should be written in the past tense, stating what was done, not what is being, should or will be done.
- Use only standard abbreviations ("Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts submitted to Biomedical Journals"). Non standard abbreviations should be kept to a minimum and defined in parentheses in the text. In general, no more than 2 non standard abbreviations should be used and should only be used to replace words appearing 4 times or more in the text. Use International System of Units except for pressure; use cmH2O or mmHg with kPa units in brackets (optional).
- Abstracts containing graphs, diagrams, or complex tables will not be accepted. Simple tables are acceptable.
- Acknowledgement of supporting institutions may be made at the end of the text.
- References are not to be included.
Copyright © 2018 ANZICS